In the Spring 2012 semester when I enrolled in the ITEC 3650 course, we used
Adobe Fireworks to build the banner image for our online portfolios that we had built in Adobe Dreamweaver to be hosted on the ualr.edu server.
Above is a copy of the banner that I built using a royalty free image I found using Google Image search. I then used Adobe Fireworks to insert the text that I wished to display and I also fine tuned the parameters of the image by setting a sharper image clarity than the original image provided by using the Sharpen Filter. I also adjusted the height and width of the image to fit the dimensions of my portfolio’s Banner-Header area using the Properties settings for width and height.
To see the banner image in full effect, check out my portfolio at